As part of Light Up College Hill festivities, several businesses throughout the district will be hosting special (free!) activities for families and then offering some adult options as well. Check them out below!
- College Hill Coffee Company (6128 Hamilton Ave) – Gnome plate craft (with craft kits to go also!) They will offer a limited menu, including desserts and beverages including Mulled Spiced, cinnamon, red wine.
- Marty’s Hops and Vines (6110 Hamilton Ave) – College Hill native Julie Whitney will be doing readings of her new children’s book “Astra the Lonely Airplane” while Marty’s serves up special “Light the Night” wine flights for adults.
- Silk Road Textiles (6106 Hamilton Ave) – Visitors will create fabric beads that can be made into ornaments, garland, worn as jewelry or used as zipper pulls!
- Tango Del Barrio (6110 Hamilton Ave) – There will be a continual demonstration of social Argentine tango dancing. Visitors can photograph dancers or have themselves photographed dancing with experienced tango dancers. We will even have a few tango props people can don for photographs. Free “Tango del Barrio” facial masks for the first twenty people attending!
- Fern (6040 Hamilton Ave) – Each visitor will have the opportunity to make a small origami star to later be strung into a garland!
- Kiki (5932 Hamilton Ave)– Cookie decorating station and signature cocktails!
- Mashroots (5903 Hamilton Ave) – Will be offering their signature truffles (a cultural holiday dessert staple) that will be made into mini snowmen
- Brink (5905 Hamilton Ave) – Will have ornament coloring pages to decorate and enter into a contest to help College Hill CURC design next year’s ornament!
- Spotless Spaces Cleaning (6240 Hamilton Ave) – Will feature a make your own holiday-scented kitchen counter surface cleaner and a holiday themed word search.
- Hartman & Ehrmantraut CPA’s (5836 Hamilton Ave) – Will be giving out free luminary kits to help College Hill residents light up their homes!
- OurShop tenant Set The Vibes at (5852 Hamilton Ave.) will hand out ugly t-shirt kits!!! Kits include a child size shirt, crafts to glue on the shirt, glue stick and markers!
- OurShop Tenants DeeDee’s Butter Bar, LAMA Herbal Solutions, Launch Party, & Like Mom’s Only Vegan at (5846 Hamilton Ave.) will have The Grinch handing out candy canes and a raffle for Opening Night tickets to Ain’t Too Proud – the Life and Times of the Temptations at the Aronoff!
Meet Candy Cane the reindeer and Bubba the penguin! Both of these festive friends will be joining us for Light Up College Hill on December 7th at CHCURC’s Parking lot (6107 Hamilton Ave.)
The holiday train will be giving rides to kids (adults, too) at Patrick’s Park (5923 Hamilton Ave.) on 12/7 starting at 6pm
Hall of Trees
Check out the 8 trees that will be decorated by local businesses and on display at 1610 Marlowe Ave. Vote for your favorite at the Hall of Trees table!
Meet Santa at Light Up College Hill on 12/7 in Patrick’s Park! Santa’s area, sponsored by @travfromstatefarm, will be complete with a mailbox and letter writing station. Don’t miss your chance to visit him starting at 6pm!
Light Up College Hill Merchandise!
Light Up College Hill merchandise is live! 🎄 You can see all of this in person at the event on 12/7 or you can check it out and purchase now here on our website. Do some holiday shopping for family and friends or treat yourself
Season’s Readings is Back!
Season’s Readings is back! 📚 Sponsored by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, this free mobile library will be placed throughout the Hamilton Avenue business district over the next couple of weeks with wrapped books for kids. This year, some books even contain a special Golden Ticket that can be redeemed at the College Hill CURC office (6107 Hamilton Ave) for a prize. Check back on our social media channels for the new locations and be sure to get some free books for the kids in your life!