Community & Economic Development Coordinator
CHCURC is seeking to hire a new Community and Economic Development Coordinator which will report directly to CHCURC’s Executive Director. CHCURC is seeking individuals with skill sets that align to the description listed below. This position is intended to be a full-time hire with a start date in May 2019.
– Build relationships with the community and represent CHCURC within the community with groups such as: The College Hill Business Association, The College Hill FORUM, Christ’s Community in College Hill, and Businesses along Hamilton Avenue
– Organize community engagement sessions as needed
– Manage the Community Engagement and Events Committee
– Implement CHCURC’s Annual Events: Annual Meeting, Derby Day, Third Thursday Biergartens, and Blues and Brews 5k
– Utilize photoshop, design, and website skills to communicate CHCURC’s work to the community
– Supervise co-ops and/or interns:
- Managing social media calendar
- Planning and executing smaller, place making events throughout the year
– Neighborhood Business District Improvement Program (NBDIP)
- Manage all existing grants (building stabilization and lighting project)
- Secure future NBDIP grants
- Manage future NBDIP grants from start to completion
– Business District Development
- Run the Request for Proposal process for all building developments to secure new tenants
- Research tenants for building spaces and recruit ideal tenants
- As needed, run business recruitment committee meetings
– Assist Real Estate Development Director as needed
We are seeking individuals with strong passion for community development and meeting the mission of CHCURC with a proven track record in balancing skills, characteristics and experiences necessary to succeed at one or more of the above-mentioned areas.
All candidates should be proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, basic internet functions such as email and google. Candidates should be capable of working Photoshop or equal or willing and able to learn the ability to use such programs. Ideal candidates will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a community planning or development related field. Education qualifications, such as from NDC, can be substituted for degree level or experience.
Candidates should have the ability to work in groups, use various social media related platforms, and have public speaking experience. Candidates must demonstrate excellent written communication in all styles of writing including business, technical, information, and casual.
Applicants should send a resume with a cover letter and salary goals to CHCURC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Community and Economic Development Coordinator. Hard copies can be dropped off at the CHCURC office at 1551 Marlowe Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45224. Applications will be accepted until March 22, 2019.
CHCURC is proud to be an affirmative action employer.
Click here to download the job description.