CHCURC History and Contributions
- Over the past decade, CHCURC has been successful in being awarded a number of highly competitive grants from the City of Cincinnati, including $1.5 million in 2001 for the Streetscape Project (new sidewalks, pavers, and streetlights).
- $170,000 in 2003 & 2005 for the Gateway Project (new plazas and structural elements welcoming people to College Hill).
- $30,000 in 2005 for the Directional Sign Project (to install new College Hill signs).
- $300,000 in 2006 for the Façade Improvement Project (revitalizing windows, doors, and facades in the business district).
- $305,000 in 2009 for the Gen Kress Parking Lot Expansion Project (acquiring and demolishing the building at 1559 North Bend Road to enlarge the Gen Kress Parking Lot behind the College Hill Coffee Co., Bacall’s, Schwartz Jewelers, Enliven, and Marty’s Hops & Vines).
- In 2013, College Hill was awarded $2.5 million in Focus 52 Funds for redevelopment opportunities, including property acquisition, demolition, and site improvements.