College Hill CURC is a community development corporation whose mission is to revitalize the Hamilton Avenue business district to strengthen the surrounding College Hill community. College Hill CURC works to strategically acquire & redevelop historically significant properties in College Hill’s Hamilton Avenue business district. College Hill CURC partners with other College Hill organizations to ensure alignment and equitable development, and organizes events to bring neighbors together and build community.
- Assist Community and Economic Development Coordinator to manage our social media pages.
- Track views, likes, friends and followers.
- Assist Community and Economic Development Coordinator with website posting and maintenance.
- Assist with developing & revising College Hill CURC’s marketing materials including event promotions, newsletters, and postcards.
- Assist with developing marketing materials and promoting College Hill CURC’s annual Derby Day fundraiser to increase participation.
- Develop College Hill CURC template for monthly e-newsletter and work with the Community and Economic Development Coordinator to develop content.
- Must be familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and experience putting together marketing/promotional materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maneuver website and make changes to content & design.
- Experience with managing social media accounts and maintaining consistent branding and voice.
- Comfortable participating in events and meetings with community members and partners.
- Event planning experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Spring 2020 (January-May)
- 10-15 hours per week
- Undergraduate students at the junior or senior level from the University of Cincinnati (UC), Xavier University (XU), Northern Kentucky University (NKU) or Miami University (Miami) majoring in communications, marketing, and/or public relations.
- Reminder: students may only be a Scripps Howard intern once in their academic career.
- To apply, send cover letter and resume to Seth Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org)